SkyMap 2.0 for Windows Phone
SkyMap is an amazing planetarium for your windows phone.
It enables you to point your phone at the sky and see what stars, constellations, planets or deep space objects are out there in real time.
SkyMap shows the sky in 3D, like you see it at night time exposing a collection of over 110000 stars.
It’s very easy to use for any viewpoint, time and location on Earth: it determines your location automatically, supports pinch to zoom for more details and provides a highly customizable map.
* Free trial available
New in version 2.0 (for Windows Phone 7.5):
- Completely new 3d map rendering in real time
- Virtual sky is designed now with a rich set of new textures (Milky Way, constellation artwork, horizon etc)
- Improved zoom experience in point to sky
- Ability to see the sky objects below the horizon
New in version 1.5 (for Windows Phone 7.5):
- Point to sky using the compass sensor if available!
- Fast app switching
- red system tray in night mode
- the new progress indicator
- interactive zoom
- night mode
- gesture support
- constellations, stars, deep space objects, planets, sun and moon information
- autocomplete search function
- fast loading and initialization
- support for portrait and landscape orientations
- point to sky mode
- flashlight, map orientation lock and other improvements
- help page
- improved sky map graphics: planet images, star colors, diffraction spikes, etc
- sky object information (wikipedia integration)
- new quick settings bar (star density selection, flip map)
- alt/az grid
- additional customizations (show/hide map layers: planets, stars, messier objects, etc)
- Pluto support
SkyMap can be used as an educational software to learn the constellations and objects in the sky, to follow the movements of sky objects during the time (day or night), to find out the position of planets and stars at anytime between 1900 and 2100 (for example when you were born).
Let the voyage start and explore the Universe with SkyMap!